Small Banner

Alaskan Cruise | Vancouver

Canada Entry Requirements

Canada Entry Requirements
Identification requirements

Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada via air have a valid passport. For this program, it is required that all participants, including children, travel with a valid passport with an expiration date of at least 6 months past the travel dates.

Criminal Records including a DUI

Anyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or alcohol-related driving offenses) may not be able to enter Canada without first obtaining an approval for rehabilitation well in advance of any planned travel. Please review to determine whether you may be inadmissible and how to overcome this finding.

Make sure you have all of the correct documents ready by checking the Document Checklist PDF.

If you need approval for rehabilitation for entry into Canada, fill out the Application for Rehabilitation PDF.

If you are applying for rehabilitation from the United States of America, send your application to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada in New York
145 West 45th St, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10036

If you are applying for rehabilitation from a country other than the USA, please visit to determine the address to send your application to.

Traveling with minors whom you do not have full legal custody

If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child, or for whom you do not have full legal custody, you must possess a notarized Permission to Travel & Medical Release Form PDF that authorizes the child/children to travel with you and authorizes medical treatment in case of emergency. If parents are divorced or one parent is deceased, please fill out the Permission to Travel & Medical Release Form PDF and send it with the child as well as any appropriate proof that supports this authorization.

Leaving your children with a caregiver

If you are NOT traveling with your children and are leaving them behind with a caregiver, the Children's Medical Information Form PDF will assist your child/children's caregiver with important information while you are away. This leave-at-home form will allow you to name the guardian(s) that have your permission to act on your behalf during your absence, along with informing your appointed guardian of any special medical needs or requirements that your child/children may have.

Proper documents

Having the proper documents to enter Canada is solely the responsibility of the A-O trips traveler. Any costs associated with being denied entry into Canada will be at the traveler's expense and any trip buy-in costs will not be reimbursed. Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law.