Travel Agency Assisted - AO Trips
Travel Agency Assisted Transportation
You must choose "Have the travel agency assist me with my air travel arrangements" during registration and prior to 3/29/19.
- After 3/29/2019 and once your travel dates have been assigned, you will not be able to make changes to your transportation choice.
- Auto-Owners Insurance will reimburse you for the actual cost of your flights up to the maximum amount of $1,100.00 per traveler.
- If you will be using airline reward points/miles or getting to the destination by methods other than purchasing a commercial flight, you will receive a compensation check for $900.00 per traveler.
- Reimbursements will only be made for coach/economy class tickets. We will not reimburse for upgrades or other add-ons, such as inflight Wi-Fi, meals, premium seating, luggage, insurance or other items that are not a part of the base price of the ticket.
- If you are flying on dates other than the group dates or visiting other destinations, we will reimburse for the flight from your home city to the first destination and back home from your final destination. We will not reimburse for flights or other transportation in-between your departure and return dates.
- Reimbursements will be sent to you by Auto-Owners Insurance AFTER you have traveled on the trip.
- In order to receive Complete Travel Planning Assistance, (assistance with pre or post trip travel excursions) and reimbursement for your flights, you must call Gavel International once you have been assigned to a group at 1-800-811-2427 to book your flights and pre/post excursions. Flights must be booked by 4/29/2019.
- Gavel International will submit a copy of your itinerary and receipt to Auto-Owners in order for them to process your reimbursement.
- The itinerary and receipt must show the itemized costs for the ticket and any other options or upgrades.
- Transfers from/to the airport/hotel will be provided when the following criteria is met:
- You are arriving/departing on designated group arrival/departure days.
- If you are extending your trip before or after the group dates and your arrival or departure date overlaps with those of another group, transfers will be provided within the designated times below.
- You arrive into Vancouver International Airport (YVR) between 11:30 am - 4:00 pm on a group arrival day. You depart from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) between 6:00 am - 12:00 pm on a group departure day.
- Your complete flight itinerary and receipt must be received by 4/29/2019.
- Air allowances will not be reimbursed for cancelled trips.
Please review the Travel Deviations Planning page for a breakdown of costs associated with deviations.
If you do not meet the requirements (see above) to join the group transportation or if you arrive or depart on non-group arrival and departure days, you will be responsible for your own transportation arrangements to and from the airport and hotel. The transfer time from the airport to the Fairmont Waterfront is approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic.
Taxi rates from the Vancouver International airport to the Fairmont Waterfront are estimated to be $40 - $50.00 CAD plus tips; prices are subject to change. Note: Taxis take credit cards for payments as well. Taxi lines may be long but they move quickly and will be located just outside of the terminal. Please note that Uber or Lyft type companies do not operate in Canada.
An option to pre-arrange your transportation is Aerocar Service.
There is a public transportation option using the Canada Line Skytrain system that links directly from the YVR airport to downtown in about 20 minutes. The station is just steps outside of the international Arrivals terminal at the airport. You’ll get off the train at the Waterfront Station, which is located across the street from the Fairmont Waterfront. Go to thecanadaline.com for more information and rates.